Freeaire is Hiring an Experienced Controls Electrician
Freeaire designs, manufactures and installs energy efficiency systems for commercial and industrial refrigeration. Our patented Freeaire® All Climate System™, Cooler Controller™ and Polar Power® Package work to dramatically reduce our customers’ energy bills by 30%-50%. Our Freeaire® products are eligible for generous rebates from electrical utilities, and Freeaire will do the legwork for our customers to maximize these rebates.
Freeaire® products have been installed at client sites throughout the United States and Canada. The Freeaire® All Climate System can help convenience stores, liquor stores, grocery stores, beer distributors, breweries, food distribution facilities, cold storage companies, restaurants, schools, healthcare institutions, farms, and any other location which relies on refrigeration.
Freeaire is headquartered in Canton, MA.
The ideal candidate must be familiar with commercial wiring methods. This position requires a strong aptitude for controls and attention to detail.
Compensation: $30/hour, modified by experience and licensure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain refrigeration control systems and economizers.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a failure and correct the problem.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring and equipment, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train apprentices to install, maintain, and repair refrigeration control systems and associated wiring.
The ideal candidate would have the aptitude to become proficient in the following areas:
- Electrical safety procedures, OSHA compliance including Lockout/Tag-out procedures
- Basic Electrical Engineering concepts
- 1 and 3 phase electrical systems up to 480V.
- National Electrical Code. (NEC)
- Basic understanding of commercial/industrial refrigeration including the refrigeration cycle and the major components of a refrigeration system.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Current journeyman electrician’s license in Massachusetts. RI, CT, and NH licenses are also desirable.
- OSHA 10 hour certification.
- Able to wire control panels in a neat and organized way.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Layout, fabrication, drilling, tapping and basic hand tools use
- Able to neatly complete daily paperwork.
- Demonstrate a sound work ethic
- An eagerness to learn and the desire to do quality work
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be flexible and Self-motivated
- Positive attitude
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The normal work day will fall between 7am and 5pm. At times the electrician will work odd, long hours.
- The exposure to electrical shock in a wet environment can make this position hazardous.
- The position involves exposure to extreme cold (-20 ̊F) at all times of the year.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring and equipment.
- The candidate needs to be able to lift 70 lbs. and work in tight places.
- Overnight travel is possible.